This is my son’s favorite meal, with lots of catsup. Double the recipe and then you’ll have leftovers for Fish Cakes later in the week.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Yield: Serves 4
1/3 c. vegetable or walnut oil
3/4 lb. fresh halibut or cod
2 eggs, whisked until smooth
3/4 c. brown rice flour
1/2 tsp. salt
- Heat oil over medium high heat in skillet (cast iron works great).
- In a shallow, broad bowl, whisk eggs until smooth. Set aside.
- In another bowl, add brown rice flour and salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Cut fish into just under 1″ thick slices, width-wise.
- Dip fish into eggs first, then dredge in rice flour. Place carefully into skillet of oil when it’s good and hot. Cook for 2-3 minutes a side and drain on paper towels.