A busy mother of three, Melissa devised this finger licking treat which marries two of life’s perfect flavors: chocolate and peanut butter. Gluten and dairy free, but chemical and preservative free as well, your kids will love these. Adults too, trust me!
Congratulations to Melissa, co-winner of the Pamela’s Products giveaway for submitting this wonderful treat!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 2 hours, 20 minutes
Yield: 12 peanut butter cups
Special tools: cup cake papers
1/2 c. butter of butter substitute (Earth Balance is GFCFSF)
3/4 c. crunchy peanut butter (unsweetened & unsalted – Earth Balance is a good choice)
3/4 c. GF graham cracker crumbs (8 individual S’moreables Graham Style Crackers, placed in a gallon-sized plastic bag and rolled with a rolling pin until in crumbs)
1/4 c. sugar or agave
1 c. chocolate chips (I actually used 1 1/2 c. cuz my family are greedy chocolate eaters)
1/4 c. almond or rice milk
- Line 12 cupcake tins or 24 mini tins with paper liners (Melissa uses eco liners; I used small Panettone papers).
- Melt butter in saucepan, then add peanut butter, graham cracker crumbs and sugar. Mix well until combined then remove from heat.
- Evenly divide peanut butter mixture into paper liners (2 T each for regular size and 1 T for mini). Place in refrigerator.
- Combine chocolate chips and milk in saucepan over low heat until melted. Spoon chocolate mixture over peanut butter mixture, smoothing with the back of a teaspoon.
- Let sit in fridge or freezer for 2 hours (freezer works great too) and serve with crumbled peanut atop, if desired, alongside a tall glass of almond milk. Yum!