Maybe the best combination of all…chocolate and peanut butter.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Yield: 12 cupcakes
1 bag Pamela’s Chocolate Cake Mix
2 large eggs
1 1/4 c. water
1/2 c. oil
4 ounces of cream cheese at room temperature
1/4 c. (half a stick) of butter or butter substitute (Earth Balance) at room temperature
1/2 c. peanut butter
3/4 c. sifted powder sugar (measure after sifting)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 12-cup muffin pan.
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly until just blended. Using an ice cream scooper, fill cupcakes 2/3 full.
- Bake at 350 for 22-24 minutes. Cool completely on rack.
- Mix all frosting ingredients together until well blended. Frost cooled cupcakes with offset spatula. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts if desired.
My kids and I love to make these with the mini-muffin pans – makes the recipe go a long way.
I love your food it is so good. I made almost everything!!! I hope everything is going well with the website.
All the best,