I am a consumate believer in the slightly undercooked brownie. Moist, gooey and not a hint of dryness is my cup of proverbial tea when it comes to these treats. They do not, however, resemble the clean edged brownies that make my mouth water in magazines. No, mine are shlumpy, misshapen and thoroughly homemade, but what they lack in symmetry, they make up for in texture and satisfaction.
Toss a handful of mini marshmallows on top for an extra bit of creaminess and you have a quick summer treat.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Yield: 12 brownies
1 package of GF Brownie Mix (I use Trader Joe’s)
1/2 c. oil
1/4 c. water
3/4 c. mini marshmallows
smattering of chocolate chips (Trader Joe’s are GFCF, Enjoy Life’s are GFCFSF)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine brownie mix, egg, oil and water together and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Pour mixture into oiled 8×8″ baking pan, smoothing to even the top.
- Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes and remove pan from oven.
- Set oven to broil. Scatter mini marshmallows over brownies and place under broiler for no more than 1 minute.
- Remove pan when top of brownies are golden and toss several chocolate chips atop the marshmallows.
- Cool for at least 20 -25 minutes before cutting. Serve with lots of napkins.