Okay, once in a while, I think these are okay, especially for the Super Bowl or Monday night football. At least if you make them homemade, you know what your family is eating and it’s free of trans fat. I love to bake these, then douse with the butter-infused hot sauce that is on the back of the Frank’s bottle. Use Earth Balance instead of butter to make it all GFCF. And if dairy isn’t a problem, dip these into Bleu Cheese Dressing.
To eliminate the need to diffuse the hottness, you can just use less hot sauce and serve these alongside a cooling slaw, like Coleslaw or Celery Root Slaw.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Yield: 10 appetizer servings
2 lbs. chicken wings and/or drummettes
1 c. Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
1/2 c. melted butter or butter substitute (I like Earth Balance)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Onto a baking dish with sides, place wings and drummettes in a single layer and bake for 1 hour.
- Melt butter and combine with Frank’s Hot Sauce into a bowl large enough to contain all the wings.
- Once chicken is cooked, drop them into the hot sauce mixture and coat thoroughly.
- Serve with celery and a dressing of your choice.
Wow……..mom made us these hot wings and we love them!!!! Thank you Miss Amy
mmm… these are so addicting! Perfect to eat for the Super bowl! Thanks