These gluten-free chocolate chip cookies are packed full of protein, thanks to almond flour and quinoa flakes. The soft cakiness of these cookies are great for my daughter after her braces get tightened. Dipped in almond milk or coffee, they slide right down.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Yield: 2 dozen cookies
Special equipment: mini ice-cream scooper optional
1/2 c. grapeseed oil
1/2 c. agave nectar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. almond flour
3/4 c. quinoa flakes
3/4 c. rice flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 c. chocolate chips (Trader Joe’s are GFCF; Enjoy Life brand is GFCFSF)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix egg, grapeseed oil, agave nectar and vanilla together until thoroughly blended.
- In separate bowl, mix all remaining ingredients, except chocolate chips.
- Gradually pour all dry ingredients into wet and mix thoroughly. Add chocolate chips and blend.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto lightly greased cookie sheet. I use a small ice cream scoop to make the cookies uniform and I grease the cookie sheet by pouring 1 tsp. grapeseed oil onto the sheet and rubbing it over every inch with a paper towel.
- Cook for 9–10 minutes and remove. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes then remove to cooling rack.