Remember, this has a tiny amount of milk in it. Delicious with a cup of tea or coffee. Great for a grab and go breakfast on the way to work.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Yield: 6 muffins (doubles easily)
Special tools: muffin pan
1 1/4 c. Pamela’s Baking & Pancake Mix
1/4 c. water
1/4 c. sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp. gluten-free vanilla (non-alcoholic)
1 c. finely shredded carrots
1/2 c. finely crushed pineapple, drained
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 12-cup muffin pan.
- Mix first five ingredients thoroughly until just blended. Fold in carrots and pineapple.
- Using an ice cream scooper, fill cupcakes 2/3 full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Makes 8 muffins.
For cream cheese frosting:
If you want to avoid this much milk, simply whisk together powdered sugar and almond milk until desired consistently and drizzle on tops of muffins.
4 oz. room temperature cream cheese
2 T room temperature butter
1 c. sifted powdered sugar
- Whisk all ingredients until smooth. Slather on top of cooked cupcakes.