Elana of Elana’s Pantry came up with the original recipe for these delicious cookies. I’ve made a few changes here as a splurge, substituting butter for oil and brown sugar for agave syrup, which gives the cookies a bit more volume. Either way, they’re a delicious after school treat. Also great with an afternoon cup of coffee!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Special equipment: mini ice cream scoop
Yield: 30 cookies
1/2 c. room temperature butter (1 cube) or vegan shortening
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 1/2 c. blanched almond flour
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 c. chocolate chips
1 T sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In mixing bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, mix almond flour, salt and baking soda until combined.
- Add dry ingredients to butter mixture along with chocolate chips and mix until just combined.
- Roll into 1-inch balls (or scoop dough into balls using mini ice cream scoop) and drop onto lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Set 1 T sugar into a ramekin. Dip the flat bottom of a cup into the sugar then onto each cookies to flatten slightly. (The sugar will keep the glass from sticking to the dough).
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until the edge just start to brown. Cool and serve.