I tried using a mix for these cupcakes – Pamela’s Vanilla Cake Mix, but honestly, they were very heavy, unlike the rest of Pamela’s mixes, which are airy and light. I highly recommend this recipe from Elana’s Pantry. If you consider yourself a baker, items like coconut flour, almond flour and arrowroot should be staples of your pantry.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 45 minutes (including cooling and frosting time)
Yield: 8 cupcakes
Special equipment: stand or hand mixer
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line 8 muffin cups with paper liners or spray with oil.
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut flour, arrowroot powder, salt and baking soda. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, agave nectar, and vanilla extract. Blend the wet ingredients into the coconut flour mixture with a stand or hand held mixer until thoroughly combined, then fold in the strawberries.
- Scoops 1/4 c. of batter into each prepared muffin cup.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out with just a few moist crumbs attached. Let the cupcakes cool in the pan for 1 hour.
- Frost with Ridiculously Good Cream Cheese Frosting and try to just have one!
BTW, these darling little cupcake sized Panettone papers are from Beryl’s. I keep a good supply year round.