There is something so familiar, yet decadent about a chocolate dipped strawberry. You can do them the night before you serve them and they are perfect the next day. Just take them out of the refrigerator about a half hour before you serve them.
- Rinse strawberries under cool water. Dry between several layers of paper towels, rubbing them gently.
- When strawberries are completely dry, line a baking dish with parchment paper.
- Melt chocolate over double-boiler or in non-stick sauce pan directly over the lowest simmer (on gas range; don’t try this on an electric), stirring with rubber scraper until melted, about 3-4 minutes. When melted, turn off heat.
- Holding onto the top of the strawberry, dip 2/3 of berry into melted chocolate. As chocolate drips down the tip, gently raise the tip so that the drip falls back onto the berry and quickly place on parchment. Repeat until all berries are dipped.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes or all night and serve on a beautiful platter. Excellent with champagne!