Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Yield: 12–16 fish cakes
This is a great dish for any leftover flaky white fish such as halibut or cod. I always make extra fish for Fish Sticks or Fish Tacos so we can have these the next day. Serve with steamed broccoli or roasted carrots and a salad for dinner, but if you’re having a cocktail party, this is a wonderful finger food served with Tartar Sauce or your kids may even prefer catsup.
2 c. cooked halibut or cod, finely flaked between your fingers
2 beaten eggs
1 c. celery root, grated (can substitute zucchini)
1/2 c. red onion, finely diced
1/2 c. mayonnaise (Best Foods is GFCF, but not soy-free)
1/2 tsp. salt
fresh ground pepper
2 tsp. olive oil
- Add first 7 ingredients to medium bowl and mix well.
- Heat oil in heavy bottomed skillet (cast iron works great), over medium heat until hot.
- Form 2–3 inch cakes between your hands and drop gently into the skillet.
- Cook until browned on both sides, about 3–4 minutes per side.
- Remove and drain on paper towels and serve with Tartar Sauce.