Not just for little kids, but for big ones too – chocolate chip cookies are the universal comfort food, right up there with mashed potatoes and popcorn. Busy individuals and families take heart. Cherrybrook Kitchen has a wonderful gluten, dairy, peanut, egg and nut free chocolate chip cookie mix that is delicious and quick. I’ve used butter in this recipe, but you can easily substitute grapeseed oil if you want to remove all dairy.
I keep a few of these mixes in the pantry so that my daughter can whip them up when she has a few minutes. I love to cook from scratch, but when you need a quick fix, this is one way to go. I actually have to hide what my kids don’t eat – in the freezer to keep them fresh for later.
Active time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Yield: About 20 cookies
1 box Cherry Brook Kitchen Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix (contains soy)
1/2 c (1 stick) room temperature butter or GFCF Butter substitute (I like Earth Balance)
1/4 c. water
2 tsp. vanilla (non-alcoholic gluten-free)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients in bowl until the mix is just combined and forms a dough.
- Roll the cookies into 1″ balls and place them onto ungreased cookie sheet about 2″ apart.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until cookies are light golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute before transferring cookies to a cooling rack.
- Cool completely before storing in an airtight container.