This is a great weekend meal that you can put in the oven and forget about. I buy them whenever they’re on sale because they can be pricey. My kids love these with a gluten-free BBQ sauce.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 3 hours 45 minutes
Yield: Serves 4
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Salt ribs on all sides.
- In a heavy bottomed pan (I use cast iron), brown all side of ribs.
- Place in a Dutch Oven, along with the water.
- Roast at 375 for 1/2 hour. Reduce heat to 250 degrees and roast for 3 hours until meat is absolutely tender.
- If using BBQ sauce, pull ribs out a half hour before done and smother with sauce. Return to oven for remaining half hour.