I have those moments of rash justification when I tell myself that I HAVE to eat this to make sure it’s ready to share. My accomplice was my 8 year old son, who like a small rodent, took a bite each time he walked into the kitchen. Using Pamela’s mix, this is so easy and really delicious.
1 1/2 c. mixed berries (blackberries, blueberries and raspberries), rinsed and dried
1 T sugar
2 T ruby port
1/2 c. (1 cube) room temperature butter or butter substitute (Earth Balance)
1 c. sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/4 c. Pamela’s Baking & Pancake Mix, divided
1 T baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and butter sides and bottom of springform pan.
- Mix berries with 1 T sugar and port and set aside.
- On high speed, mix butter and sugar together until well blended, about 2-3 minutes.
- Turn mixer to medium and add eggs, beating until fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- In separate bowl, combine Pamela’s mix with baking powder and whisk to combine.
- Turn mixer down to low and add Pamela’s mixture, beating on medium until well combined, about 2 minutes.
- Scrape batter into pan and smooth top with offset spatula.
- Drain berries, reserving port, and roll berries in 1/4 c. of Pamela’s mix to coat.
- Gently drop berries atop cake and drizzle 1 T port atop berries and batter.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes then remove the sides of pan. When completely cool, sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with whipped cream.