Adapted from Jodi Bager and Jenny Lass‘ wonderful grain-free gourmet cookbook, these biscuits are a wonderful gluten-free, no-grain option that will melt in your mouth. The onion and cheese provide just the right amount of savory – so delicious. If you make them ahead of time, pop them in the toaster oven for a minute to crisp them up before serving.
They freeze really well too, so make a bunch and watch your almond flour disappear.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Yield: 9 biscuits
Special equipment: ice cream scooper and parchment paper
3 c. almond flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 oz sharp cheddar cheese, grated
1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
1 tsp. dill (dried or fresh)
4 T plain Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, cheese, onion and dill.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs and yogurt together.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Using an ice cream scooper, place level scoops of dough onto lined baking sheet, pressing down slightly to flatten with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 15 minutes until nicely browned.